And yet suddenly just like that my eldest is 10 - and I'm left speechless... how quickly these years do go by... and it's true what they say... to cherish the moments when your children are small because suddenly they're not that small any more.
And now we're staring down the barrel of the tween and teen years and when I think that Noah has probably already lived half the time he'll live here at home with us I just want to cry.
It's been an emotional roller coaster of a week with our dear Gee Gee in hospital after suffering a stroke on the weekend and I feel much more weepy than normal - right now all I want to do is hold my boys close and love on them something silly. Family is just so so precious.
This year we had a quiet family celebration on Noah's actual birthday day and we now await a crazy zorb football party this Sunday with 10 friends. All kinds of chaos.... but he can't wait!
This is your life Noah age 9-10 from mnms on Vimeo.
I'm so proud of the awesome kid this boy is now. And all he's still to become. Sure we have our moments - constant negotiations over technology time, or high levels of exasperation when homework or uniform or some other necessity is left forgotten at home - but forgetting that for a minute let's dwell instead on all that's been great in the past year:
- Coaches player of the year for his 10th grade team (he played up a grade for a low 10th grade team when we arrived to Cambridge last year)
- Academic award for excellence in his class for 2015
- Making the top 10th grade Demons football team for this year and gelling with an awesome coach and some lovely team mates
- Playing cricket for Cambridge Primary over the summer - watching the boys play on Friday nights at the Square in town was very relaxing and a great way to wind down from the week
- Body boarding and loving the waves at every beach opportunity he got
- Putting our backyard swimming pool to great use (I think he got more than anyone else in the family!)
- Gradually widening his circle of friends here in Cambridge after a year living here
- Keeping in touch with his best buddy from back in Wellington and catching up on Face Time and in person recently
- Being a super patient big cousin to his little buddy Maia over Christmas
- Adventures with us to Marokopa, Oakura, Waihi, Whitianga, Matarangi, Omokoroa, Tauranga, Rotorua
- And much much more.....
And now we can't wait to see what the next 10 years brings for you - although little by little...not all at once please! And we continue to pray God's blessings over you in all you do as you grow and your world expands!
Birthday boy in his new onesie on his birthday morning
Love Mum and Dad xx