You would honestly never know that this recipe is both gluten and dairy free. These cookies are chewy deliciousness in every single mouthful and a hit with everyone who tries them! You can make these with chocolate chips in but they are just as yummy without, as the crunchiness of the walnuts adds great texture to the mixture.
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks (optional)
1. Pulse the walnuts in the food processor until the biggest bits you have are the size of a chocolate chip. Remove and pour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the egg, coconut oil, sugar and almond butter to the bowl and mix well to combine.
3. Add the ground almond, sea salt and baking soda and mix well to combine.
4. Chill the dough in the fridge for at least half an hour (longer if you can) and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
5. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into a tablespoonful size ball and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
6. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden on top.
7. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
For more tasty recipes, go here.