If you thought last week's Carrot Cake Balls looked good, then times that by about 10 and you might get some idea of how scrum-diddly-umptious this week's recipe is!
So much so that despite the fact I'd really made them just for me (being gluten-free and full of goodness) I spent the entire time trying to fight the rest of the family off for them, resorting to hiding them at the back of the fridge in the hope they'd be safe from eager fingers, but no they still managed to find them!!!
1-2 cups chopped walnuts
1/2-1 cup chopped almonds
1/2-1 cup Craisins
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
A drizzle of oil (use something sweet like coconut or sweet almond)
This recipe is pretty much follow your nose and see how it tastes in terms of exact quantities so the above ingredients are only a rough guide.
1. Put the nuts in the food processor and blend until as fine as possible.
2. Add in the coconut and craisins and blend only very quickly until mixed in (as you want the craisins to stay a bit chunkier)
3. Drizzle in the maple syrup and blend again till the mixture looks much firmer and is starting to hold together.
4. Drizzle in just enough oil to make the mixture really stick together.
5. With your hands, scoop out enough of the mixture and roll into balls.
6. Refrigerate until firm.
7. Be sure to hide them somewhere safe!
For more tasty recipes, go here.