1. To increase in size by a natural process.
a. To expand; gain: The business grew under new owners.
b. To increase in amount or degree; intensify: The suspense grew.
3. To develop and reach maturity.
4. To be capable of growth; thrive: a plant that grows in shade.
5. To become attached by or as if by the process of growth: tree trunks that had grown together.
6. To come into existence from a source; spring up: love that grew from friendship.
7. To come to be by a gradual process or by degrees; become: grow angry; grow closer.
1. To cause to grow; raise: grow tulips.
2. To allow (something) to develop or increase by a natural process: grow a beard.
3. To cause to increase or expand by concerted effort: strategies that grew the family business.
And these are the areas I specifically want to grow in:
By the end of the this year, my aim is to be confident shooting in full manual mode and have improved my ability to capture good natural light in my photography. I've already enrolled and started an online photography course and will be completing this as I have time over the next few months. I really want to be able to look back from the beginning of this year to the end and see a noticeable improvement.
Towards the end of last year, I spent time helping out in creche at church (with the kids aged 1-5). I also put together a really cute video of the kids talking about what Christmas means to them and showcased some of the things they get up to in creche which was showed in church just before Christmas. This year I want to be able to commit to being more involved on a regular basis with this age group, and to really make a difference in how much these kids are shown the love of God and learn about some of the wonderful stories of the Bible.
I also want to seek out other opportunities (like via The Sisterhood events and the National Bloggy Conference happening in April) to serve and give of my time and talents.
An attitude of gratitude
Take nothing for granted. I'd like this to be my mantra this year. Delighting in the little things. Never taking for granted the days of my life, the precious gift of my family and the love we share.
They're not earth-shattering goals by any means, but by sharing them here I want to be accountable to growing in each and every one of these things.
I am excited for the year and the opportunities to GROW that await!