Look mum I'm getting spots
1. Chickenpox will not strike the same way with different children. We were lulled into a false sense of complacency as Noah had a very mild case back when he was not quite two. More fool us!
2. Pinetarsol baths stink to high heaven (although they are very effective!) and one will get very sick of the smell after running 5 baths in one day
Still feeling pretty perky despite the spots on Day 1
3. Paying for the chickenpox vaccination would have been a pretty good option (in hindsight!)
4. A mini portable DVD player will come in very handy for settling a restless boy late at night until he can fall asleep
Feeling pretty misera-bubble on Day 2
5. Come to think of it DVDs come in handy full-stop during times like these. What on arth did people used to do in 'the good old days' before TV?!
Right leg from the front - Day 2
6. Seeing your youngest writhing around naked in bed crying in discomfort all through the night is heartbreaking
The worst it got - back of his right leg on Day 2
7. Having a spare room with a big bed is good for cuddling them through those nights
8. Nurofen for kids is a godsend
9. Spots in the mouth are no fun for anyone
10. Waiting for the last little blisters (which by the way take AGES) to clear is a bit like watching paint drying in the winter
Being sick does have its upsides.
A day of games and playdough with Mum, a trip to the zoo and a Cadbury Creme Egg with Dad.
Thank you all for the great advice, and especially to those who loaned/gave us various creams/potions etc. It has really helped ease the pain of the experience!!