1 cup brown rice
600ml chicken stock
1 chopped onion
1 tsp easy garlic or 1 garlic clove
A few strands of saffron (not even a pinch)
1 tsp olive oil
2 fresh tomatoes (chopped)
8-10 prawns per person
Salt and pepper
1. Chop garlic and onion and fry with olive oil in pan.
2. Once cooked, add 1 cup brown rice and fry for a minute on high heat.
3. Add stock, parsley, salt and pepper and the strands of saffron.
4. Put lid on and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add uncooked prawns and tomatoes into the mixture. Make sure there is enough liquid, you may need to add another 1/2 cup liquid at this stage.
6. Continue cooking until all the water is absorbed.
7. Brown rice will tend to stay quite crunchy and nutty so if you prefer a softer rice you can simmer for longer but you may need to add more water and not add the prawns in quite so early.
A delicious gluten-free (if you use gluten-free stock), dairy-free and sugar-free dinner!
For other tasty and wholesome recipes, go here.