- making a tradtional 'year in the life' movie for Mylo's birthday next week
- planning my last crèche session this Sunday
- baking cookies for Noah's Cub camp next weekend
- baking for our final ever daycare birthday and farewell next Thursday and finding a suitable farewell gift for the lovely teachers
- planning and purchasing products for the Thorndon fair - having to take advantage of a fantastic promotion that ends this week on Diamond Photo
- contributing photos to the new Photography Stock NZ website
- working on my new photography website - it's actually happening....albeit slowly. At this rate I probably still won't be able to launch it for another month or two!
- reviewing another book on the blog (why oh why did I decide to review two books on the blog on the busiest month of the year!)
Oh yeah, then this somehow happened this week too.
My little D3100 looks positively diminutive beside the big daddy D800
And the difference in zoom lenses is pretty hilarious - old (left) vs new (right)
So I took the opportunity while over in Melbourne to play with my brother's full-frame D700 and got a feel for what it could do. Then darn it all if the Photo Warehouse didn't go and put the D800 on sale the very next week.
I thought and researched and thought and researched some more, knowing I'd have to buy at least two lenses (a wide angle and a telephoto) to have a decent landscape photography kit. Even having made the decision, I had extreme butterflies going into the shop to pay and pick it up. Holy moly, I hope I can do justice to the expense. I keep telling myself it's an investment in my photographic future, but not being one for significant splurges it still felt somewhat crazy and extravagant to be doing it all the same.
Our week long holiday in Nelson and Golden Bay is only three weeks away now so I'm hoping I can get up to speed to figure out what the heck I am actually doing with it before we go!
So all of that was really to say...don't be surprised if there's not a lot of blogging going on the next week or so - at least until the big birthday bash is over!